Friday, May 18, 2012

moving on

My cloth stones for the magic feather project are ready to roll so I'm saying good-bye. I'll have something to remember them with though.


The annual plant sale for a group I belong to, The Herb Society of America-Rocky Mountain Unit, is tomorrow. Set-up is today so I have to let go and say good-bye to these many green spirits in a little while -- over 100 plants with whom I've shared time and space and life over the last few months -- my donations are Genovese basil, Mrs. Burns lemon basil, red amaranth, nettles, and horseradish. The tenders got hauled into the house on cold days and nights but for the most part, all the plants were outside in the cold frame. It's remarkable really, and sort of sad. I hope they all have joyful lives in their new garden homes.


Big events with the earth, sun and moon occur this weekend -- 1) an annular eclipse, meaning we'll see a just a ring of the sun's edge around the moon as it passes by; 2) the sun moves into the sign of Gemini so happy birthday to all you Geminis; and 3) a new moon in the sign of Gemini! Eye protection is needed to watch the eclipse -- I'm hoping we have some welder's glasses around here somewhere. 

Thanks for visiting here and happy weekending. xo


If you live in the Denver area, the plant sale is at 1710 S. Grant, 9 AM to 1 PM, cash only. In conjunction with Front Range Organic Gardeners, there'll be dozens of varieties of herbs, heirloom tomatoes, vegetables, ornamentals, and garden-related vendors and items.

20 comments:

  1. beautiful stones. the actual ones as well as the stitched ones. your plants look so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna. I worried about those plants nearly as much as I worried about the bees!

      Delete
  2. Wish i could home your little green spirits.. they look so beautiful.
    Much love, have a wonderful weekend.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely stones. they will be a delightful addition to the project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe -- I'm coming to visit your blog to see yours -- I noticed your latest post title was about them!

      Delete
  4. Oh how I wish I could spirit some of those green delights home to me! I love red amaranth. I may have to revisit the nursery or look for seeds. I love to support our local growing societies, but they have faded as the population has aged, so very sad. I sat with needle and stone inspirations last night. They are like potato chips and you can't stop by making just one! Your stones will be a beautiful addition to Jude's project. Wishing you a beautiful weekend and I hope you find your welder's goggles! (Mine are in the garage - somewhere!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie! Hey, just get the red amaranth seeds as they are about as easy as radishes. We had a rainy day for the plant sale so sales were about half of normal. Most of the leftover plants went to community gardens and shelters so it was still okay. Nothing went into the compost! Thanks about the stones -- I'd love to see yours. Hope you had a great weekend and found the goggles!

      Delete
  5. Haha Jeannie..that's so true! I've made 3 already :)
    Peggy~ Your stones are a celebration of creativity! I love 'em!
    And your greenery is so inviting, wish I lived closer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy and me too. We should have a gathering. What was it we're going to do on Summer Solstice again? I'll have to look back, I forgot!?

      Delete
  6. stones, cloth stones, seedlings. a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful stones... I stitched up a few this weekend as well... thanks for the news of the heavens... I guess with my Moon in Gemini, I ought to be feeling some new beginnings... ahhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dee -- oh, yes -- intensified with a moon in gemini!

      Delete
  8. lovely stones, and based on real models! I was born in Denver, but I'm no where near the Rocky Mountains now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali, thank you -- a real Denver native, you're a rarity around here now! Almost everyone I know is from somewhere else....

      Delete
  9. love your stones, both real & cloth. especially the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Cindy -- the blue background is from a dress from goodwill.

    ReplyDelete