Monday, May 14, 2012

far-fetched moonday

Ferns don't grow very well here in dry Colorado, so I'm loving the fiddlehead in the center of the bouquet my husband gave me. Sort of far out, it doesn't look real -- but there it is, in all its glory. Today I'm imagining far-fetched things -- ideas that seem improbable -- because, really, so many wonderful things in life were once far-fetched thoughts.


Today is a waning moonday in Pisces, a water sign that seems to blur our edges so we may not see reality as clearly as usual. And sensitivity, intuition, and imagination may be so pronounced that we find ourselves retreating into solitary space. One of my moon-time references names this kind of solitude as the "temple of our imagination". I like that.

Pisces affects our feet so treating or preventing foot problems is well done now. We should also take it easy with activities that aggravate existing foot conditions.

I'm imagining what I'd like to stitch in a contemporary boro class I've just begun. Could these old, Japanese-trouser-like, linen pants be embellished with moons and symbols? Moon pants. And if I have the time to do that, I'm wondering if I'll have the courage to actually wear them. It would be a stretch for me. Far-fetched!





12 comments:

  1. i love fiddle heads. you could wear the pants in the garden...to start out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're black, after all -- to hide the dirt!

      Delete
  2. Speaking of far-fetched I believe that it is just possible that the only reason cell phones, etc. work is because we believe they do and that all "stars" are not stars....it is just a few of my far-fetched ideas : )
    While living in Vermont I would see fiddleheads in the grocery stores. (a first for me. I did not even know what they were???)
    Moon pants...I like that!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, far-fetched is good and I see you're not afraid to think outside of the box. ;-) Oh, I'd love to taste fiddleheads sometime. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Yes I agree, wear them on full moons and when you paint your moon maidens.
    Besides am sure the honey bees will love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, I like that, too -- my moon-painting pants! Maybe paint splatters can be the embellishment?

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean. My boro jacket is becoming more of a journal jacket and I love it. To wear it to the grocery store? I don't know. Here in the land of tee shirts and jeans, it is a stretch. I love the idea of moon pants. I can see you gardening under the full moon in your pants. (I am able to grow Japanese ferns, Ostrich and Maidenhair ferns here in the desert. You just have to find the site in your yard that is cool and add lots of compost. Yes, I am trying to create my Gram's wet side garden in the desert. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, exactly. I have that page you're posting on saved somewhere but could you send it to me again? I'd love to see what your jacket looks like now.

      I'm getting a little excited about these pants. It started small, but I feel it growing. And that is so great that you're getting ferns to grow. I think I may just try them, too, thanks for sharing that. Lots of compost, I can come up with that. We do what we can. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I smiled at the thought of you in the garden, under a full moon - painting by its light :)
    Go for it! And then show 'em here ok? I'm not in Boro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, ha! Love that image. Maybe I can make it real. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Moon pants... sounds wonderful, like you.
    Much love Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, thank you so much. I do believe this is the beginning of a long-time project! Love to you...

      Delete