Tuesday, April 8, 2014

smile



The bees like these spring flowers -- I'm not sure of their name but they're pretty little things. A colony of bees is a sisterhood and sisterhood is also the card I drew today from my mom's angel cards -- synchronicity is everywhere if I only look.

Thought I'd try to grow a rosemary tree! Not really, it's just a baby topiary made by potting, snipping and tying a seedling to a skewer, but if everything works out between us, it'll eventually be twice the height of the pot, about 12 inches. I won't think beyond that size for now. I seem to do okay with rosemary, it overwinters well in our house for some reason, maybe because of the humidity levels we maintain, I don't know for sure.

A week or so ago Michelle posted a smiling/mindfulness exercise by Thich Nhat Hanh to be done first thing upon awakening in the morning. It resonated so I'm stitching a reminder on this pillow cover (from Pier 1 a few years ago). Such an easy, gentle way to begin the day -- and there's something about the simplicity of stitching one lovely word at a time.

:) :) :) :) :)

8 comments:

  1. More synchronicity Peggy...I've been doing the morning smile too that Michelle wrote about...it feels good. How clever of you to remind yourself with some stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanette! For some reason, I'm not surprised that you're smiling! Now if I can just remember to look at it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to have missed Michelle's post...I'll have to check it out. We were just saying yesterday how our rosemary (and lavender) are doing so well right now. There are tons of bees enjoying them!
    Oh...and...synchronicity! One of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just Love your stitching.

    Ha--I'd forgotten--can you believe it?! Synchronously, YOU reminded me! Now that's TRUE sisterhood! Bzzzzzzt, I'm :-) :-) :-) L-) :-)

    Ps
    Yes, the humidity, and light-not too much heat, and just the right amount of attention is what Rosemary loves.

    PPs
    Another cybchronosity-I've been reading old Horticulture magazine on blue flowering plants, and I've seen yours but can not recall the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peggy, love you gentle stitching. You inspired me to start stitching again. Spring is there for you while we are heading into Fall. We can enjoy each other opposite seasons - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, glad to hear the bees are thriving at your place! And a very belated happy birthday comes your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, thank you and oh yes - about sisterhood! Smiles coming your way!

    The pillow is proving to be a good reminder, it's the only decorative pillow on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Nat! That's it exactly, we get to see and enjoy each other's season -- blog magic! :)

    ReplyDelete