Monday, April 14, 2014

beauty way moonday




It snowed here yesterday and on into the night. Today is absolutely sparkling though and I saw that mama crow is brooding on her nest waayy up high where I'm hoping the squirrels won't bother her too much. Papa crow makes a racket for peanuts in our front yard but oh-so quietly loops and swoops around the back area where the nest is. Unlike last week, when things were just getting going, it was rocking around here -- cawing and clicking and even sounds reminiscent of baby calves -- it was wild. I wondered if that meant eggs were being laid. It appears so.

We're enjoying the April flower bouquet for a few more days before it becomes one big fat rolled-up dye bundle. In keeping with the orange vibe, the Clivia is blooming -- isn't that red ball the epitome of a "seed ball"? -- I just want to squeeze it. It's been there for months, the first one in all the years I've had this plant. Speaking of plants, the orchid in the sink has some aerial roots that look ready to bud? Another thing to look up, I'm new at the orchid business.

I used some Swedish tracing paper to trace a pattern yesterday, I love this stuff. It makes me cringe a little to think of all the patterns I've butchered when I could've used this. Like when I hopefully cut out a smaller size than I really need and then the original pattern is basically useless because it's all too small. Or when my daughters and I could've used the same pattern instead of buying individual patterns.

Today is a nearly-full moonday in Libra. Libra is the sign that makes us love and seek beauty, some call this Libra characteristic the beauty way. And with Libra also being the peacemaker of the zodiac, we'll be wanting things to feel just and right and balanced -- just-right balance. The full moon comes late tonight (where I live, MDT) and five minutes later, a total lunar eclipse. These energies beckon us to acknowledge accomplishments and our place in the world -- and to examine subconscious desires as we together embrace the future.

To the beauty way then.

4 comments:

  1. Peggy, thanks for the tip about the Swedish Tracing Paper...it's helping me rethink a dress project I have had in mind for a while. Am looking forward to the eclipse tonight...the news is full of how orange it will be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanna! Oh good! You can even sew it together to try it on, but I'm not going to because I think the drape would not be right. But for sizing purposes across the bust, shoulders, hips -- or adjusting a pattern, sewing it would work great. Yes, lots of buzz about the moon tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved seeing that pattern. my dad used some type of brown paper when he drafted patterns...but that was a very long time ago. thought of you yesterday when i did some dyeing with tumeric and steel wool wrapped around a copper pipe and put that in a jar of an oak bath....now all that waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your pattern from Soulemama's Taproot magazine? I hope you'll show us the finished tunic on you :) I'm hoping the rain and clouds will stay away tonight as I plan to join a full moon walk along the river through one of our quaint heritage villages.....you'll love it's name...Tumbulgum :)

    ReplyDelete