Monday, December 3, 2012

moonday joys

I went down this kefir road a few years ago but wasn't fully committed. Now I'm committed to the point of happy obsession. When starting out with dried kefir grains, you need to strain and place them in fresh milk every day until the resulting brew thickens, smells fresh, and tastes slightly tart, but not sour. On the sixth day it happened. Real kefir made from raw milk from our cow (share). Did you know that kefir is pronounced kef-eer? Now I don't know whether to say key-fir or kef-eer. I guess it will depend on who I'm talking to. 

And the little holly leaf spirit hanging from the hutch key was made from a Magic Cabin sewing kit, but I don't think they sell them anymore. It has a tiny Waldorf-style head with wool felt and wool stuffing. 




Today is a waning moonday in fiery Leo. Some descriptors for Leo are: Confident, straightforward, generous, warm, and dominant. Our individual personalities shine now making this a good time for job interviews and other performance-type activities -- teaching, acting, training, sales, etc. We enjoy the Leo spotlight and might feel like wearing bold colors -- reds, golds, and oranges especially.

The sign of Leo affects the heart, circulation, and upper back. That means conditions may be aggravated, while at the same time healing efforts and actions are well done now. Louise Hay in You Can Heal Your Life relates the heart with love and joy. Life and stress can squeeze out all the joy in our hearts and make us feel hard-hearted. The treatment for this is simple. Take joy.

Wishing you a joy-filled week.


13 comments:

  1. Oh what a nice post! I LOVE Kefir - have been pronouncing it incorrectly all these years - and didn't have a clue as to how to make it! We buy our milk from a local dairy, and now I wonder if we can buy one of their cows, as you have done! I will follow up on this! Such a great idea!!
    Love your little ornament!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drank kefir so many moons ago, when I was in my 20's...yummy stuff :)
    I love Louise Hay. Her 100 power thoughts are my favorite!
    Sweet little ornament.
    I am wishing you a happy, cozy week! xo
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops, I mean 101 power thoughts
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...need to find my orange scarf. Joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. went to the chiropractor for neck and shoulder relief Monday - that fits, huh? You remind me that my sister wanted help with affirmations from Louise Hay - will attend to that today, for us both.

    and, I don't need to tell you that you certainly don't need a kit to make that darling Holly Elf (should he want a companion, I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This evening a heading towards good news phone call came in...fits right in with what you've said here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Judy -- I've been saying it differently, too -- the American way seems to be key-fir. I'm worried if I say kef-eer people will go -- "what?" -- and think I'm saying it wrong. ;)
    Cow shares are getting to be pretty common -- if you go to Weston A. Price Foundation's website, you can find your state and see what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, I should get that book -- nice to have reminders in all forms around -- on the nightstand, by the computer, the sewing machine, in the car even.
    That kefir is good stuff, I knew it was beneficial but only recently realized how much so.
    And a nice, cozy week to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, thanks! I need me an orange scarf, too. Actually, one of every color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dee, glad to be the reminder about Louise Hay!

    A holly spirit companion would be sort of sweet, wouldn't it? This is pretty old from when I had a house full of kids -- a kit was always a good way to go if I ever wanted to actually finish something. I studied over those mail-order needlework catalogs like they were full of toys! I still have a weakness for kits sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, that's pretty cool! :) Hope it's exactly what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet holly sprite! i loved that catalog when the boys were small & a kit can be very satisfying sometimes. "take joy" reminds me to pull out the tasha tudor video for christmas time. joy to you, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Cindy. Oh, Tasha Tudor, I loved her so much. Enjoy the video!

    ReplyDelete