Monday, October 29, 2012

family tree moonday

Yesterday we remembered our loved ones. We cooked old favorites, decorated skulls, took photos, made dry ice smoke, drank IZZEs and Icelandic beer, and watched football with the TV muted. And we had chocolate cake. I think even our visiting spirits had a nice time.








Today is a full moonday* in the sign of Taurus. This is a climactic time of fulfillment to recognize, name, and celebrate things that have come to fruition. Both a full moon and a new moon make the high tides higher and the low tides lower. Today a powerful storm on the U.S. eastern coast approaches, magnified by waters rising to meet the full moon. Being an inlander, I don't experience these powerful rhythms of the moon and the sea firsthand. I do, however, notice the full moon's influence on my sleep and in my body.

Taurus helps us to be strong and stable. I hope the people, flora and fauna affected by the storm have strength and stability.

*I'll be making full moon art tonight. If you'd like to join me in this monthly ritual, I'd love you to share your art by leaving a link in the comments in the next post or emailing me a file.


11 comments:

  1. Your ritual looks powerful and filled with love and sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, the little girl in me (well the big girl too!) says that I want to come to Your house! Your rituals are warm, embracing, powerful, grounding, connected, and filled with honor. I love being a part of them, from afar anyway :)
    And your meaningful items and inviting and inspiring. That little 'stump' is fantastic!
    (((sigh)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Peggy, you are wonderful... I just love everything about you, and I think of you every full moon.
    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful ritual to remember all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have out the photos on the shutter blinds -- such a perfect place to create the ancestor altar.

    I read that tonight's full Moon, being Influenced by Scorpio and Taurus, was all about clearing out what doesn't serve you. And that Feng Shui means "wind and water" - ha! Hurricane. And what's the first thing one does in Feng shui? Declutter! So pull Sandy's energy in to help you clear stuff out. If enough of us pull energy away, maybe the impact will be a bit less? I like that thought.

    Here in Florida, Sandy's impact was enough wind to rip down palm fronds and branches that needs to be trimmed anyway. I have a big pile to out to hard trash. Happy! Clearing out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full moon gathering prayers and energy for all those in the east and inland areas affected by the storms.

    Loving your celebrations. Helps expand my own celebration ideas.

    Thank you for thinking of those in the USA on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Corty....what a sweet little boy, clothed and wrapped in his cheery sweater. i hope you are wrapped in love from his spirit and memories. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...my heart is full (holding back tears) when I look at your pictures...
    You do always have such a warm and inviting way of sharing what you are doing. The ritual of remembering those we love is so inspiring...I am off today and I will take our a few photos and light candles for those I love who have moved on.
    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i meant to say "take out" a few photos...
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely! and for some reason, it is the pair of frames marked with "X" and "O" that really grab me... very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you beautiful wonderful people, thank you for your kindness. Your comments have brought tears to my eyes -- tears seem to come so very easy these days. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete