Monday, March 3, 2014

nine-patch moonday



Today is a waxing moonday in Aries. Our March 1 new moon is in an active phase of growth now and Aries, well Aries is always a go-getter. If you know anyone with an Aries sun sign, then you probably know what I mean.

I've been knitting. If you can believe it, that 5" section of sleeve on the purple february lady sweater is 28 rows of gull lace pattern on three slippery metal double-pointed needles. It is taking forever. Each sleeve needs to be about 15", I think -- I haven't actually measured my arm yet because I'm still so far off. This sweater has taught me the meaning of painfully slow which sort of conflicts with Aries energy.

But I had a lot of fun stitching the teeny nine-patch, probably because it's been an escape from the sleeves! It's just a little scrap from some old jeans and threads from the nest.

Have you heard of The Documented Life Project? It's a project with weekly prompts to art journal in your daily/weekly/monthly calendar planner. I'm new to this kind of thing and my pages are mostly simple -- these are the sides of a page I added to the month of February. The heart art work was a download that I filled in with my own words and phrases and the other side is my own doodling with a pocket for memorabilia. Really fun and a person can start any time.

The Great British Sewing Bee is on -- here's the trailer. The second episode of season two is up at YouTube but I couldn't find the first one! If anyone comes across season two episode one, please let us know! Can't wait to watch it.

Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. love your little embroidered squares and your thread nest. i understand about slow knitting. that is why i usually have more than one thing going at a time...a slow knitting project and one where i don't have to think. thanks for saying about the British sewing bee. i can't find #1 either. it's up on the BBC channel but not available to us in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at your little doll rising out of the nest. A sweet image. Tiny squares are delightful.

    I have Aries rising, firing up my rather stolid majority earth and air signs..an interesting dialogue at times...let's do it, no let's think about it!

    ReplyDelete