Monday, April 15, 2013

a duplicate stitched hexipuff



I had never duplicate stitched on knitted stockinette before, but it's so easy and was just right for today. A little bee is in the works on a hexipuff for the beekeeper's quilt. I think I'll keep going along this line -- more bees, some ravens, owls, foxes, and rabbits. Yes.

The beeswax/cloth wrap is new to me, but I'm already in love with it. I have high hopes for this product and you can find it here.

Yesterday I had 16 healthy tomato plants. Then I set them outside for a few hours of sunshine. When I opened the door to bring them in, our two dogs bolted out in search of rabbits and they both ran over the tray of tomato plants. Most were knocked out of their pots, some lost leaves, and a few stems snapped. So today I have 12 not-so-great tomato plants.

Today is a waxing moonday moving into the sign of Cancer. Moonwise, it's time for making, doing, planting, growing, and building. Cancer's watery influence makes us more sensitive (in tune) so we can and should trust our emotions and intuition now. It's also a time for nurturing ourselves and others. The parts of the body affected are from the chest area down to the gall-bladder.

A Cancer moon day is fruitful and highly conducive to planting in the garden. It's snowing here, so I'll stick with doing and making in the house today.

To living in harmony.

6 comments:

  1. It took me awhile to get to your blog, but I'm here now. I remember you started those hexipuff. It's going to be a cozy quilt once you put them together - Poor tomato plants, I bet they will still be okay to plant - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the tomatoes! Love the hexipuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat! Glad to hear you're getting caught up. Yes, in a few years I'll have enough for a little quilt. Maybe. Seriously! -- The tomato plants are looking better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, thanks, I sort of have a renewed interest in the hexipuffs -- it can get monotonous if you don't shake it up a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could make a banner of hexipuffs with bees and b utterflys stitched on them!
    That mean it would be finished sooner lol
    They look huggy mind you so maybe it should be a quilt afterall !
    Dogs in the doghouse then awwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyn, last time you suggested making a banner, I took your advice -- with the little moon cloths! :) It was my fault for having the tomatoes in the wrong place at the wrong time, not theirs.

    ReplyDelete