Monday, December 15, 2014
glitter house moonday
Glitter houses were our Thanksgiving craft this year, I only just finished mine. I pretty much love anything to do with houses.
We used paper mache boxes in the shape of a house, some were pretty rough so that made it all the more interesting. There are six other sparkling, colorful, charming houses that my family made but the photos didn't come out well enough to do them justice.
Today is a waning moonday in the sign of Libra. Love, beauty, balance and fairness are all aspects of Libra. The Libra way is a pathway to finding (or simply noticing) those qualities.
Yuletime is a season that seems to ask a lot from us. Each year, my priorities get straightened out a little bit more. What was important last year might not be this year and expectations of myself get pared down too. But it's still a bit much. This list came by email this morning from Colette Baron-Reid and I think it's a good one.
1. Be grateful
2. Be thoughtful
3. Be compassionate to yourself and others
4. One is enough and if that isn't true for you, abstain altogether
5. No is an excellent word, use it
6. Being present with someone you love is the best present of all to give them
7. Make a daily self-care plan and stick to it
8. Stay connected to like-minded others
9. Meditate meditate meditate and breathe breathe breathe
10. Never compare yourself
11. Manage your relationships -- you and Spirit, then you and you, and you and others
12. If you do all of the above, then you have this truth to look forward to -- miracles can and do happen
To the beauty way. xo