Monday, May 12, 2014

yet another snowy moonday


Today is a snowy, waxing moonday in the sign of Scorpio. Scorpio days can feel moist and cool, and that pretty much describes it here. I don't even know what to think anymore about the weather.

The May full moon is fast approaching so I'm musing over my next mandala/moondala. One thing I know for sure is that a nettle dye-bath is in short order, trying for green again.

After only a few rounds of kantha stitching on the indigo leaf patch, I feel a nice long stretch of hand-stitching coming on. Scorpio does that, it gives you feelings about where you're headed and then draws you there. Have a beautiful week. xx


9 comments:

  1. it's hard to believe that you are still with snow. the weather has become so confusing all around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Clever" I'd be thinking the weather clever , and "versatile"...there were tornadoes to the South, Snow there and humic heat here. Mighty flexible. LOVE kantha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you this morning when I saw the headlines and yet, we are in the 90's. Odd! I am always drawn to hand stitching in the heat and your leaf has inspired me. Have a beautiful and hopefully snow free week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your indigo leaf and the stitching.
    I'm sorry for your snow, that just doesn't seem right! We're rainy and cold. No moon watching here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The royal blue of the leaf is gorgeous against the soft pale background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna -- sunny today but still not all melted yet. Patience.

    Michelle, yes, clever & versatile -- Gaia's doing what she needs to do to survive, right?

    Jeannie, 90's! -- oh me, oh my. I wonder what's going to happen this summer. Please, no hail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kathy -- I prefer your weather to ours!

    Dulcy, thank you, I wish leaves came in that color--I'd love a blue garden. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow?!? We're in shorts this week. Your kantha is alive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. A lovely simple indigo blue! Nothing is better that a long running stitch on a hand dyed cloth - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete