Friday, April 13, 2012

calendar squares




Last week it was silk, this week it's linen. Is there anything in the world more luxurious than stitching straight little stitches into nice little calendar squares on creamy linen? I think not. At least not this week.

I found the twig in the garden and thought it would make a perfect hook. I don't know if I should scrub off the dark bark or leave it as is.

The aspen view out one of the sewing room windows makes you feel sort of like being in a tree house when really it's the main level of a ranch house. When the windows are open,  you can both see and hear the leaves rustling at the slightest breeze which is why I really love aspen.

This weekend we have a waning moon in the sign of Aquarius, a great time to make improvements. All kinds. Thanks for visiting and happy weekending! xo


8 comments:

  1. nice twig. i would scrub off one side and leave the other ½ as is...i have several linen calendars that i picked up at the thrift store. haven't gotten to them yet. wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, thanks for the idea on the twig, I still haven't washed it really well so I guess it depends on how much bark comes off when I do --- that calendar cloth is perfect beyond words, in my opinion! ;-)

      Delete
  2. have a great weekend to love your calendar and would love to listen to the tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emmy -- it's been rainy and cold here so not much listening going on lately, darn!

      Delete
  3. Linen and stitches and open windows...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aja! I stitched today with closed windows ;-( just too cold and rainy. But the green view was still nice!

      Delete
  4. Every picture here is pure delight! Love that stick...what a view...and Ah, my April!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy -- it's a good stick, yeah? I love that you love your birth month, I don't know that I feel that way about mine...I'll have to think on that! ;-)

      Delete