Monday, February 13, 2017

knew it all along


The heart cloth is long and skinny with a 10" section of blank space left on the bottom (the photo is sideways so you can't see it). I wonder what will happen there. As I work on this piece, I keep thinking hearts of space like the NPR music program that used to be on Sunday nights that I loved so much. I always tried to get the kids in bed before 9 so I could listen to it.


Our family had a little birthday party here yesterday for Jan. We gathered at our house for drinks/visiting/playing in the late afternoon -- then all 14 of us piled into three cars to drive to a favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. Afterwards we came back here again for Mexican coffee, hot cocoa and his favorite pistachio dessert that I make every single year for his birthday. We almost made caffeinated coffee instead of decaf, I pulled out the wrong package. One daughter's boyfriend caught it, otherwise it would have been disastrous. I guess you could say the boyfriend saved the night. Mine, anyway.


Wings. Another page in my art journal. 


Moon water infused by the full moon.


The heart cloth photo with a black/white filter.

I'm exercising my intuition lately. Recalling things I knew all along...events intuited from and by my heart before they became reality. How often was I right about something. And what might lie ahead, what do I know deep down right now that I should trust.

Here is the Mexican coffee recipe link, it was good. xx



16 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy! I'm going to start some stitching on black tomorrow. I have all my supplies gathered, and feeling more inspired after reading your post. I haven't been able to get anything started lately. Don't know why. Lack of energy I guess and a bit low. I love all the color on the black!

    xo

    ps..... what do you do with your moon water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white is interesting...but in color it is oh so stunning!! Those rich colors really grab ya!!
    Nice to hear of a fun family celebration :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...such love an lovleness...Happy Birthday someone...here's "A winter Journey" from the hearts of space........https://youtu.be/zw73H890mFA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday to Jan....

    Happy Valentine's Day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hearts look like they are floating in space:) It is wonderful.
    Love your full moon water. Would have loved to use some in my face wash I just made. Next month.
    I always seem to have intuition about things before it happens. I think women are born with this sense more than men. They are more one with their surroundings.
    Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really good book called the gift of fear is about intuition and feelings. Don't be put off by the title. So often we ignore those feelings. I am very quality of ignoring intuition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dulcy, thank you. If anyone knows how to create with color, it is you, my dear! Look forward to seeing your new project...
    I sip on moon water during meditation/ritual or, as time goes by and it gets a little old, to water plants or as a wash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy, thank you -- there's just something about black and white....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, thanks! Wow, the hosts' voices really bring back memories -- did you used to listen to HOS, too? Right after that Art Bell was on -- earlier on Sunday nights for us as I recall, which was nice. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luna, thanks, I'll tell him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, thank you -- I've been debating whether or not to do any stitching on the background...it may ground the hearts too much, you know?
    Yes, there's always next month's moon water. :)
    Women's intuition is finally being seen as a strength, we really could change the world...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love to read about your family rituals... so lovely, thoughtful. Can you adopt me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can feel this post, I am a July moon child.

    ReplyDelete