Tuesday, February 18, 2014

out of the january dye-pot


I unrolled the January flower bouquet bundle this morning, once again moldy as all heck yet smelling divine with those few eucalyptus stems in the mix. Meanwhile February's bouquet to dye with is still being enjoyed on the coffee table but it's getting close. I started these monthly flower bouquet dye-bundles in November and here are the ones from December, too. I might set up a page for this monthly dyeing ritual.

The raspberry-dyed wool for the February moondala was still a little sticky even though it'd already been rinsed. As long as I had to swish it in water again, I figured a splash of vinegar might help fasten the color. I can't wait to get going, I love this kind of stitching -- the needle sinks into wool in the nicest way. There should be a special name for it.

Our bee sisters are ravenous today. I poured a little sugar syrup on a plate to help thin the crowd at the feeder and it was gone immediately. In a little while I'm going to suit up to refill the feeder jar because they are really in a frenzy today. When taking this photo, they were zipping around me and I could feel them touching my hair, which sort of stuck out all over because I still had bed head.

Every single day moonrise is later by 50 minutes. Days go by where I don't even see the night moon, but I know her light steadily wanes and fades now as I sleep. The moon lets go, so I try to let go, too, with simple living and finishing what's already begun. And that feels pretty good.


11 comments:

  1. Peggy you are so inspiring! All of your activities with monthly bouquet bundle, stitching and knitting. Hope you had a lovely Valentines Day. Sorry I didn't dropped by to visit - Happy day Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat, thanks so much but I think YOU'RE the inspiring one, I've learned so much from watching you! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those bouquet bundles are so visually appealing to me...like ancient artifacts. and beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deanna - they're an excuse to buy at least one bouquet a month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each image crisp, uncluttered and just gorgeous. What a pleasure to visit...I'm letting go too, and it's working out just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing bundles unrolled, these looked good bundled, mould and all and beautiful unbundled. Also love the raspberry dyed piece, fantastic colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious wool/color. I so love stitching certain fabrics. I recently found a vintage embroidery piece that is silky soft but unfinished and I thought the texture of the fabric would be delightful in some quilt. So much fun to see the unrolled dyed fabrics. Almost like getting a prize lol! I am noticing the days are getting a little longer too. The flowers are divine, what a lovely thing to do each month. Have a lovely day/week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bees! It's hard to imagine bee season right now. Gorgeousness in those bundles. Mold is really amazing stuff. One year I had a class grow mold from body germs in petri dishes, in the end they looked like art works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh glory Peggy...what you do to my heart every time I come here! Glorious colors and stacked hearts...now this is living! I suppose if we stacked up enough hearts we could conquer the world...with LOVE that is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, I like your choice of words -- that letting go is working out just fine!

    Thanks, Debbie! I love that raspberry wool, too, that was my first time using it. I'll use it again for sure.

    Marie, thank you. The rolling and unrolling of these bundles are rituals in themselves. You never know what'll show up!



    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, well it's snowing today, so the bees are back in survival mode, trying to stay warm. I'll be relieved when I'm certain they've made it through another winter. Mold is funky stuff, I'm not surprised that it can be beautiful!

    Nancy, the image of stacking hearts and building love to conquer all is very cool. Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete