Thursday, December 21, 2017

a holy day


Today is Winter Solstice, the shortest, darkest day on the wheel of the year. It's the day I had my fourth baby and it's the day he was cremated exactly seven years later. Today is a holy day.

On this cold, snowy Solstice day, I want to savor any sense of wholeness that I can feel. All day long I have been imagining how life would look if I was completely whole -- with no limitations, beyond time and unaffected by current reality. What would a perfect day look like, what would I be doing, where would I live, who would I love. Tonight by candlelight I will write my wholeness into being. I'm thinking that when all is said and done, things may not look much different than how they are now. And that's good.

Toward contentment. xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh Peggy...May you be wrapped in heaps and bounds of warm, knitted, soft love of family and friends. Count me in, in a virtual hug. May your solstice ritual bring you joy and calm and deep remembrance of your sweet boy and hope for the future for all.
    xoNancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that what you want most might just be kin to what you now manifest. Happy solstice to you and your family — both living and not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solstice Salutations dear one.
    Deep Peace to thee and Thine.
    Now the light begins to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love your way west Peggy....... wishing you peace and a wonderful Christmas.
    xoxo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Peggy, this post is a blessing, thank you. Wishing love and light for, to and around you and your sweet Corty. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Peggy, beautiful words and memories. Wishing you a peaceful New Year and hope we "see" more of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 32 year old daughter in September 2014. Every September, it all comes back. She loved sunflowers, Autumn, Thanksgiving. And her birthday was in November also. And Christmas is really hard. I still feel like I'm on autopilot, but especially during the last four months of every year. The warm memories carry me through. And my spiritual beliefs. And my husband, son and grandchildren. I am grateful and blessed. I wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete