Monday, February 3, 2014

sunshiny moonday


A new month, short and sweet. Between the sun reflecting on the snow outside and the February calendar page glowing in the kitchen, today is the brightest of days. I finished the little woven heart cloth, adding rose quartz beads to strengthen affairs of the heart and love and contentment. The cord was made by twisting lengths of blue and creamy pearl cottons. Nice to finish something and now I'm back to knitting the february lady sweater.

I found the Mona Lisa print when we cleared out my parents' house a few years ago and think it was mine during a phase in high school. I remember having jewelry with her image, too, and still have a funky pair of cuff links. I could not resist the sunshine pillow from One King's Lane because it was a song my parents sang to us kids all the time. You could almost say it was their theme song and my dad used to whistle it when he was driving as well. Funny that he and I both sneezed whenever we looked at the sun -- called a photic sneeze reflex.

Today is a waxing moonday in the sign of Aries. Moonwise, we continue to grow and increase projects already begun while fiery Aries energizes and motivates. A nice combination for the next few days.

To sunshiny days.




8 comments:

  1. lovely heart cloth. don't you love finding things that bring back those childhood memories. nice to hold on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your parents theme song too. I can whistle to that easily! The Mona Lisa print looks brighter than the real one I saw at the Louvre in Paris, always love the smile on her face. How did you secured the rose quartz? Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song. My Dad used to greet me in the morning with "Good morning Merry Sunshine". Of course, since I have never been a morning person, it was said with humor. :) Your heart cloth is so beautiful. I just love the stitching and the quartz adds a special touch. The yarn you are using for the sweater is such a beautiful color. I like that pattern and may gather the courage to knit one for myself! Maybe next February? Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can get lost following all the lovely stitches on that little mooncloth and never grow weary or bored as i travel along its pathways. so many new vantage points to discover! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillow! So sweet that the words hold memories of your parents! Lovely heart!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. nine-patch heart is lovely - whole post makes me smile, in fact... how smart & wonderful to find a cheery childhood song object... the sun is shining here right now (inbetween snow storms). have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your heart cloth is beautiful, love all the stitching, adding the rose quartz beads is perfect.
    I also really like all the moonday information1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart cloth is so beautifully sweet, especailly with the quartz bits. & I love that song too, we sang it a lot when I was teaching Pre-k. Love and sunshine to you!

    ReplyDelete