Monday, December 9, 2013

cloud cloth moonday


A little kitchen witchin' -- I strained the holy basil oil and unrolled a dye bundle. The holy basil oil smells so good. I think we'll just use it straight out of the bottle because it might lose its holy fragrance during the salve-making process.

A silk dye-bundle was made from the hardiest of alyssum flowers a few weeks ago -- after almost everything around it had died and turned brown, the alyssum continued. The purple of its little blossoms was so intense, they simply would not be ignored.

A little stitching on the slow cloth. I sort of wish I hadn't outline-stitched that part with the red perle cotton, I'm not really feeling the red anymore. And an outline stitch isn't quite as easy as a back stitch or a running stitch to tone down or alter -- but I'm going to try and work with it.

Today is a waxing half moonday in Pisces. Half-way to a full moon. Half-way there will be a good mantra for the next eight days until then -- affirmative and trusting that things will come to fruition. Yes they will because I'm already half-way there.

This afternoon the half-moon high in the Colorado blue sky seemed to be made from a half-circle of white cloth. Seeing the moon during the day always makes me envision how I would stitch a day-moon-cloth -- what cloth could possibly duplicate that texture and translucence and softness. Today it wasn't my usual daydream of white lace, but a little half-circle of white cloud cloth. 

I have to find some cloud cloth now, pretty sure I have some.





5 comments:

Ms. said...

YIKE that pink is intense and wonderful! Be sure to show us cloud cloth as soon as you find it.

Nancy said...

Lovely color! running to post a little cloud cloth for ya...

handstories said...

such glorious color!
happy sky stitching to you.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Your silk turned out beautiful. Let me know if it keeps it pink color, mine tends to turn brownish.
I always think it's special too when I see the sun and moon together. Looking forward to you cloth.

liniecat said...

I love the way your adding fabric to the embroidery....... innovative indeed!