Monday, January 26, 2015

mercury retrograde moonday


It is 69 degrees outside right now, the same is expected tomorrow, but we've been hearing quite a lot about the Winter Storm of 2015 coming your way, you know who you are! It's enlivening to prepare and watch and wait for a big weather event, I almost envy the experience. But we'll get ours too in time, I know.

The moondalas have been strung into a bunting for now -- thanks again for the suggestion, Susan. I'm leaning toward circles, but just not ready to cut into them yet. When the spirit moves me, I'll be ready.

Still liking Journal 52 -- a weekly art journaling project. This is my Week 3: Conversation page. It's nearly as thick as cardboard because I accidentally used gesso instead of matte medium to seal the page (I'm new at this.) So the entire page turned white and then I had to do it all over again. It's completely different which may or may not be a good thing. I think there's something to the idea that things can go awry during a Mercury retrograde because we're in the middle of one right now -- it ends February 11, in case you're experiencing any awry-ness. A little more on Mercury being retrograde is here.

Today is a waxing half moonday in Taurus. The sign of Taurus is associated with earth and precipitation, the kind that falls steadily all day long. And we happily and patiently work on projects now but probably won't want to make changes or adjustments. Hold off a few days until airy Gemini to shake things up.

Still engaged with turmeric and ginger, there's one more thing I want to try!

Thanks for coming by -- I truly wish everyone a nice week.

9 comments:

  1. surprised to hear you 'envy the experience'. i am so glad not to be living in NYC anymore. hope all stay safe and warm. it's hit 70 here the past couple of days which is unusually warm for winter....but here too....we will get some cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as for waiting for Gemini....no problem, we are all just stand still till Wednesday or thursday...except for the plows and shovels working non stop through the night. It snows and snows. The roads and rails are shut down and all's well with me and many I know. I'm fond of the interruption to commerce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, I know, you'd think I'd be tired of snow, living here in Colorado! It's just how it slows everything down, even time. We're heading into cooler days starting tomorrow but today is in the 70's...Texas weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, hope you are snug as a bug. Yes, I like how things just stop for that little while. Interesting that it occurred under a Taurus moon, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder about MR and I also thank you for the moon news too! Your blog is always a source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love it when a big snow storm comes, love that I have to stay home. I kind of envied them too, (except for the clean up afterwards). We have a few inches of snow coming tomorrow, great inspiration for a pot of soup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers in the yellow teapot are just gorgeous! Love all the color. Wonderful journal post. Your blog always inspires me!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would like the part where everything stops, especially when sick (as I've been). It is hard to stay in with warm beautiful blue skies calling you! But I usually say, daily, that we are so lucky to live where the weather is fine! Mid-high 60's possible rain this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good to see all the color here.

    ReplyDelete