Tuesday, May 27, 2014

it's a wrap




It's a wrap -- one purple February Lady Sweater is ready to wear. The pattern, well-written but still very much a challenge for me, had been inspired by Elizabeth Zimmerman's famous February Baby Sweater in her book, The Knitter's Almanac -- thus the name.

I used a Rowan linen/cotton that I didn't like at first but grew to love. Isn't that the way it always works? My button choice was inspired by these African violets over a year ago and I used green-tea embroidery floss to sew them on.

I might change the name to the African violet sweater.

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous colour and a delightfully comfy looking design too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and the buttons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, exactly like African violets. Growing up my mom had a corner with pots of them. Thanks for the reminder of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. African violet sweater is the perfect name. What a beautiful colour. Sublime Peggy, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Peggy, it turned out just gorgeous! Just like those sweet little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone, thanks so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete