Friday, February 7, 2014

ivy and lace


It's been so cold here -- some days the high has hovered around 0 degrees F. A little indoor gardening was in order and potting up a few sprigs of rooted ivy was just the ticket. The wood coaster the little pot sits on is a slice off the bottom of our tree at Yule. 

I'm thinking about making a valentine with the wire coat hanger, cloth strips and pieces of lace from that pile up there. I did a search online and there are about a thousand ideas so I clicked right out and will see what I come up with on my own now that I have about a thousand images in my head.

Do you or did you ever memorize words to popular songs? It's always sort of bothered me that when I'm with my friends and we listen to 60's-70's-80's music, they know ALL the words to the songs, and I don't. Oh maybe easy lines like maybe "drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry" -- you know. I guess I didn't used to be the sing-along type. But recently Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles came up and it seemed easy enough and it was. Thinking about what my next song should be, something a little harder.

Fittingly, I'm really looking forward to the ice slowly melting. Thanks for visiting and happy weekending. xo

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right.

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes (5x)

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear

Here comes the sun, here come the sun
And I say it's all right
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right

6 comments:

  1. funny...i was listening to old songs online just this afternoon. wanted to pick one to post on my blog tomorrow. i do remember the words to lots of the Beatles songs and others where i had the album and listened to them over and over. i love watching PBS when they focus on some of the old groups during their fund raising time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. I can remember the melody, but the words pop in and out. Beattles, Beach Boys, and a few Elvis are committed to memory, but that's it. I love the jar with the wavy glass. Cold here too. I am ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be good to play with some greenery when it's so cold out and snowy? Look forward to seeing what you come up with for your heart. I remember mostly Beach Boys songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the words to folk songs. When I was a girl in Venezuela, we had no TV etc. and I spent hours going through the Fireside Book Of Folk Songs and learning the words as well as how to play them (confession time)on the harmonica. I still remember so many of them. My indoor plants are suffering from being indoors, but the sun is out this morning. Maybe they can go outside for a spa treatment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking at similarly constructed valentines, but I've yet to start. I love folk songs, and can memorize ones that tell a story, I struggle with the others. We sang "Here Comes the Sun" in our singing group a couple of years ago- such a pretty song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the song I'm singing here in Michigan! I do love that song I just wish it wasn't so appropriate this winter.

    ReplyDelete