Tuesday, October 30, 2012

full moonweb


A moonweb holds, supports, strengthens, extends, connects -- and inspires because I'm getting all kinds of stitching ideas from this.

This is the 12th of my 13-moon itty-canvas paintings.

If you would like to share your full moon art, I'd love to see and post it here. Leave a link in the comments or email me a file. xo


*Visit Kathy, the Woodland Quilter, to see and read about her hand-stitched Full Beaver Moon, a component for her moon quilt.

*Nanette at Stitch and Sow writes about the aspect of connection belonging to this Taurus moon. And see her lovely eco-dyed linens and cottons stitched into mooncloth.


7 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

i look forward to the full moon art. Creative and tiny...quick.....

Peggy said...

Hi Wild Magnolia -- and fun!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Oh my gosh I love the spider web and all it's meaning. Another wonderful painting.

Nanette said...

Peggy, I love your spider-web moon..wherever did that inspiration come from? It's wonderful symbolism is powerful. Can't wait to see your inspired stitching.
I have just posted my full moon art on my blog...there's a little similarity there between ours.

Nancy said...

Do we get to see them all together at the end of the year? Please, please, please!!

Trish said...

I love this Peggy.xxx

Peggy said...

Kathy, thank you and thanks for sharing your moon cloth! The idea of a web really makes me think...

Nanette, it just sort of came. Seems like all of us are anchor points of a giant woven web and we are the weavers, too. Still haven't had a chance to stitch but I think you can guess what I'm thinking. ;) And thanks for sharing your full moon art!

Hi Nancy, I'm thinking that's what I'd like to do somehow. I don't have a wide angle lens so I'll have to stand back. :)

Thank you, Trish!