Wednesday, June 20, 2012

suns rise






Suns in honor of the Solstice. The indestructible red sun prayer flag -- here and here -- has re-risen with the addition of a few green stitches, some french knot wish seeds, and new ties. The rising sun in the moss rose pot was a candle holder gift that I love dearly. I basted the cloth sun last night and am in love with it now, too, wondering what it will be? I only noticed this morning the similarity between the two cloth pieces. A carved sunrise stone in a planter.

With both the moon and the sun in the sign of Cancer, this day is one of strength, growth, and sensitivity. It's all good. xo




13 comments:

deanna7trees said...

love the prayer flag and the carved sunrise stone is making me want a cookie.

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

beautiful.
i admire your way of life :0)

Jeannie said...

Your suns and Deanna's comment has me now craving a piece of shortbread. ;) Happy Solstice!

woman with wings said...

Thanks, Deanna and hope you found a cookie!

woman with wings said...

Thank you, Joan and blogger let you through -- yay!

woman with wings said...

Jeannie, hey we have to celebrate, right?

Happy Solstice to you, too.

handstories said...

those fluttering petals are lovely.

Nancy said...

Awww...Peggy what a lovely post to end my day with. Your beautiful sunflower cloth looks just like the one around here! I love that cloth of yours and will love to see what you do with the new one. The suns are delightful.

Marie said...

love the sunflower~beautiful and cheerful. (one of my favorite summer flowers, especially the giant ones!)
Happy Summer Solstice. <3 xo

woman with wings said...

Thank you, Cindy -- still fluttering hopes and wishes.

woman with wings said...

Hi Nancy, thanks -- yes, I was thinking of your sunflowers, you're sort of the sunflower lady 'round these parts!

woman with wings said...

Marie, thanks and I hope you have lots of cheerful giant mama sunflowers in your life this summer. Hope all is well.

Deb G said...

Love those suns! Hope your solstice was good... I'm looking forward to shorter days, have a hard time staying up to put the chickens to bed. :)